To be able to master singing, you have to learn the song first of all. In learning a song, what you will need at your disposal is a recording device. An approach is detailed, which is the only method used to teach students how to sing songs.
1. You have to record first the melody of a song without accompaniment, then repeat but now with the complete piano part. Play the unaccompanied melody once and then follow along with the music. This seems to be a slow process for advanced singers but is important in finding out how to sing songs right.
2. Next is to play the melody with the accompaniment and then recognize the style. At this point, you are able to develop your style as well as your understanding of the piece through considering what the music and the text mean.
3. The next step is singing along with the use of the “la” syllable and marking on the piece of the music pitches and notes all through the piece. Repeat this step many times so that the sung pitches and rhythms are precisely the same as those on the piano.
4. As you have learned the pitches and rhythms, try whispering in the rhythms as you play the melody. It is necessary to follow the steps before this step since learning a song in this order is the best way to make your singing sound beautiful and to discover how to sing songs.
5. The last step you need to do is to memorize the text and music and look at the vocal techniques and learn how these can be transferred to the songs you’re learning. It is advisable to make a checklist for the techniques you have transferred to the songs (the checklist can be an imaginary in your head or can be written down). The checklist should include the things like the correct posture and breathing.
After learning singing songs, you can now learn how to sing on key. Singing on key is an important skill, which many people lack.
One thing you need to obtain if you wish to learn how to sing on key is your ability of learning and improving. On singing on key, you must listen and need to ensure that you analyze what you listen to. If you do not this, you will only struggle with holding a tune.
To sing on key, it is very important that you practice some of the scale exercises, which will help to improve your singing tone. An exercise that will help you to learn on how to sing on key is to play a note on the piano and then sing a scale, a full scale that is composed of eight ascending notes in same pattern.
For those who do not have an access to a piano or any musical instrument and you really want to sing on key, you can sing a scale unaccompanied. But remember that in this case the listening skills are very much important.
How to Sing Well
Vocal Lessons Chicago